How to care for your mattress!
According to mental health UK 1 in 5 of us is not getting enough sleep! There are lots of way to improve your sleep quality such as avoiding caffeine late in the day, getting regular exercise and limiting screen time before you head to bed. But maybe one of the most important ways to improve sleep quality is investing in the correct mattress, one that will last you for years. Before you decide to make your purchase make sure you do your research and get expert advice from an approved stockist who will have trained staff on hand to offer advice and recommendations. Once you have your mattress, make sure you look after it and you will enjoy the benefits for years to come! Here are our top tips on caring for your new mattress.
1. Check if your mattress should be turned - generally speaking you should turn sprung mattresses and rotate them evey week for the first 3 months and then every 3-4 months.
2. Vacuum your mattress on a very low suction settting making sure you pay attention to buttons and piping - you'll be shocked at the amount of dust and fluff there!
3. The National Bed Federation recommends replacing your mattress every seven years. If this is not something you've done you're in good company as research shows over half of us keep them going for over 10 years!
4. Deal with spills and stains promptly, dried mattress stains are difficult to remove and always refer to the manufacturer's guidelines.
5. Perhaps the most important point is to choose the correct mattress for you - spend time trying the mattress in store but lying on it in the way you sleep and do not be rushed into a decision. A new mattress may not be for life but you will spend many, many hours lying on it!