January 15, 2016
Karel Mintjens and the family ran company have been producing oak furniture of a high quality for more than 50 years. Their “Design made in Belgium” isn’t just a statement either, but also stands for quality, a know-how of the industry, flexibility and fast reliable service.
The international strength of the Belgian Mintjens Group is determined by an elaborate specialisation in the development of oak interior collections. Each day the Mintjens Group professionals leave no stone unturned in their quest to offer you high quality and affordable furniture. All elements of their ranges offer naturalness and authenticity and the range of oil colours finishes everything off very nicely.
They have also released some handy tips and tricks to maintain and keep your furniture in tip top condition:
- Warmer air can cause an increase in size or contraction of the wood. The ideal room temperature would be between 18 degrees and 20 degrees, with a humidity factor of 60% and 70%.
- It is important that the room where your furniture is situated is ventilated regularly. A good air flow combats the build-up of mildew.
- Oak has deep pores. Therefore, minimal use of water possible is a very good suggestion, Mintjens advise WOCA® Natural Soap in Spray is a better way of cleaning your table. The vast amount use of water will dissolve the oil layer and result in white discoloration of the surface.
- When wiping major spills always follow the direction of the grain of the wood.
- Never put hot objects (pots, pans, etc.) directly on the oak surface. This will dissolve the lacquer and leave rings in the wood that cannot be removed.
If you would like any more information about the Karel Mintjens range, or any other of our wonderful ranges please contact us via email email@example.com or call us on 01858 435 999.